Monday, September 17, 2012

A personality is born


Things that autumn loves:
Her swing. She stares up at those fish in the mobile and smiles and laughs (kind of) even if they're not moving around.

The TV. She loves stating at the TV. When I put her on the floor to change her diaper she always will turn her head so she doesn't miss any of the TV action. Our favorite show to watch together is Boy Meets World.

Her carrier. I haven't used her carrier too much because the St. George heat scares me from going out too often. But last Saturday we took Autumn to the farmers market at Tuacahn and later we walked to the grocery store to get some exercise (and ice cream...) and she loved being in the carrier. Now that it's getting cooler I'll have to take her out in it more often.

Forehead massages.  When Autumn is getting sleepy all I have to do is give her a forehead massage and stroke her nose and she will close her eyes and drift off right away.  She's in little baby heaven.

Baths.  She has loved baths basically since she was born.  She likes the water really warm, just like her mama and her favorite part is getting her hair washed.

Getting her diaper changed.  She smiles like crazy whenever we change her diaper.  I guess she likes being super clean.

Dancing.  I think that Autumn was born to be a dancer.  The most surefire way to get her to smile is to make her arms or legs dance.

Sleeping.  Autumn has become an amazing sleeper (for the most part).  I remember being so frustrated with her at the beginning, but it turns out that I am a very lucky mama.  She started sleeping through the night about a month ago and she will sleep anywhere from 6 to 8 hours every night.  She was a little bit sick last week and she only slept for 4  of 5 hour stretches so I had to wake up in the middle of the night again.  I realized how lucky I've been that she sleeps so long at night.  My sister told me that her baby didn't sleep through the night until he was 8 months old! I am definitely counting my blessings.

Seeing her parents when she wakes up.  This is my new favorite part of the day.  Whenever I go in to wake Autumn up from her nap as soon as she hears my voice or sees me she gets a huge smile on her face.  I love that she's learning who I am and that she's happy to see me.

Things that autumn hates:
Tummy time. Shes capable of lifting up her head. I've seen her do it, but whenever I put her in tummy time she just puts her head down and starts to cry.

Getting put to bed. Shes a lot better at falling asleep now but she has learned that when she gets wrapped up in a blanket or in her snuggie that it means she's going to bed soon. And she'd rather stay up and explore the world. She starts to whine and cry and scream but before long she gives up and passes out in my arms.

Hiccups.  The poor thing used to get hiccups all the time when she was first born...like after every single feeding.  She doesn't get them nearly as often anymore, but she still gets them and she still hates them.  They shake her entire body.

1 comment: