Saturday, January 12, 2013

Best Worst Best

When I was growing up my mom and I would always do something we called "best, worst, best." When she tucked me in at night we would tell each other the best part of our day, the worst part of our day, and then another best (because you have to have more bests than worsts). It was a tradition that I always looked forward to and I always loved, so Dillon and I have continued it in our marriage and I'm exited to do it with Autumn someday. I thought I'd share my best worst best for today.

Best - Shopping at Costco. I bought Autumn another pair of cozy, fleecy pajamas. And these ones are covered with cupcakes. Yum. Nothing makes me happier than buying baby girl clothes.

Worst - I ate too much pizza for dinner and it gave me a tummy ache.

Best - Dillon and I started deep cleaning, organizing and purging all of our storage. Plus I cleaned up both the living room and the kitchen before bed so now I'm going to wake up to a clean house tomorrow. Awesome.

Try this tradition with your family. It's pretty fun and cathartic and its nice to find the bests of your day even when you've had a rough one. Mom, if you're reading this: what was your best worst best?

1 comment:

  1. I love that you posted about this. Want to hear mine? Best: John and I cleared out the living room and ran in circles giggling at each other. I don't know if I've ever had so much fun running around before. Worst: Cabin fever. Best: Pumpkin bread. We found the best recipe ever, and we've eaten 6 loaves in the last like 4 days.

    ReplyDelete