Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Moolah

This week I got two checks in the mail from Alpine School District for collaboration and CRT results from last year.  It totaled almost $1400. It was a total surprise. I thought that I was going to get about $500 and I had even forgotten about that.  Dillon and I decided to do something fun with the money.  We've been working really hard to save our money lately for grad school, and my intense sense of money guilt was telling me that we should just put the money in the bank, but I know that if we did that it would just get spent on a hundred small things and we wouldn't even really notice that it had been there.  So we decided that we'd spend at least part of it on a trip (I had to satisfy my money guilt by putting most in the bank). I was trying to think of different options and then Southwest came out with an amazing sale: 40% off all of their flights.  So I spent a few hours working out options and looking at a thousand flights and we decided that we're going to San Francisco at the end of January.  It's going to be a blast!  We're going to fly out there and then try to figure out the metro system.  No rental car! That will be an adventure on its own, especially when you add a baby into the mix.  It will be our first big trip with Autumn and it's hard to know exactly how she'll be. She'll be almost 7 months old by then.  That's so crazy how fast time goes.  I'm super excited.  We've been looking up things to do and places to eat because let's face it - when Dillon and I travel it's all about the food.  Any suggestions from those of you who have been San Fran before?

Can't wait to see this...

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I love san fran. everywhere we ate was amazing. I'll have to try and remember the specifics. I do remember there was this place called Sears that was apparently super touristy but great breakfast. I can't remember the location though.

    ReplyDelete